Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no boot linux

Beans

no boot linux

hi there,
    first time here so here goes, not able to boot into my Linux at all, have re-installed grub but to no avail, I have tried boot repair and can see the report, it failed to repair the boot, I have a black screen that flashes 7 times then just stays black, how do I upload the report to get help from the community, many thanks and kind regards to you all...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: no boot linux

If you have already created a boot-repair report, then paste the URL link in this thread.

Here is some more info https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Info
    Last edited by tea for one; July 29th, 2021 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Added Boot-Info link

Beans

You should run boot repair with the Create BootInfo Summary option then post the link you get when it finishes. When you open a thread, you should always post what you are using and the version such as Ubuntu 20.04, Kubuntu `18.04. Also indicate if it is the only OS or if you have a dual or multiboot system, which other OS's do you have. All this info should be in the boot repair output so the suggestion to post that link is the best option.

Beans

Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

You've got Zorin OS 15.3, which is not Ubuntu, but still based on Ubuntu 20.04. The kernel is a little behind, at 5.4.0-77, whilst Ubuntu 20.04 is at 5.4.0-80.

As the screen flashes several times, then stays black, my guess is that the system boots, but has some graphics driver problem, causing a black screen. I don't know how Zorin OS handles graphics drivers. Maybe somebody around here knows. In any case, telling us a bit more about your graphics hardware may help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Please do not forget to make your BIOS boot on sda1/EFI/ubuntu/shimx64.efi file!
    Does this not work?

Did the system ever work?

Beans

many thanks for the reply ;
    HP laptop with AMD Ryzen 5 and Radeon Vega graphics AMD

Beans

hi there TheFu, the system was all working about a week ago then it just went to a black screen, how do I make my BIOS boot on sda1/EFI... I can get into options ok with esc and then go to BIOS with F10, then how do I proceed, thanks for your patience....

Beans

AMD Raven Graphics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast