Thread: No keyboard, No mouse, No monitor. Is it a problem?

Beans

No keyboard, No mouse, No monitor. Is it a problem?

Hello, Let me state first I love this community and love ubuntu. But I ran into a small problem. I would like to run a ubuntu desktop and in fact I have a small nuc i can run it on. The only problem is that I have no keyboard, no mouse and no monitor. Is this a problem or is there a work around to where I can install linux on it? I can not setup any VM on my laptop sense this is the only system I have to where I can do things on. I have no access to a monitor, keyboard, mouse until monday. Can this community help me out or am I lost for now?

Joseph

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: No keyboard, No mouse, No monitor. Is it a problem?

Please supply some information about your NUC. You may have an arm processer witch may require you to run a compatible flavor of Ubuntu.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The official guide for installing Ubuntu Desktop on a NUC requires a monitor, keyboard and mouse to be connected to the NUC. It may be best to wait until those are available.

https://ubuntu.com/download/intel-nuc-desktop

A possible alternative would be to network the NUC with the Laptop and run the Ubuntu installer from the laptop and direct it towards the NUC. That may allow you to install Ubuntu but without a monitor, keyboard & mouse I do not see how you can test the installation.

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Ubuntu servers are often without input devices or monitor. Just connect using SSH