Thread: What does this mean? initramfs (problem?), wants to boot from an old swap partition

Beans

What does this mean? initramfs (problem?), wants to boot from an old swap partition

See for yourself, I never saw this before. I forgot to get rid of an old swap partition on /sda/5 . Ubuntu Mate is installed on sdb. This makes me afraid to reboot. In 10 years of linux usage where I understand what I'm doing, for the most part, I can't figure out this update process and there doesn't seem to be much about it. Check it out, it will be simpler this way : (btw, I see it is giving me a way to opt out, but I can't type or do anything, it's configuring stuff when this shows up. Please help, I was about to install Wine and that demands a reboot on my side, since I gotta install the whole 32 bit library stuff.

dq1o66.jpg
    Last edited by slickymaster; July 21st, 2021 at 12:04 PM. Reason: removed large image

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: What does this mean? initramfs (problem?), wants to boot from an old swap partiti

Thread closed.

Duplicate here

Please do not create duplicate threads, it dilutes the community’s efforts to provide support and causes confusion.