Thread: keyboard lightibg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

keyboard lightibg

I posted the following on Mint board and no reply so thought I would try here:
    Mint used to have an entry under system.d that in effect would deny keyboard lighting. It is no longer there so I was wondering if i could insert the file into system.d. I have a copy of the file which went something like this "<deny send_destination="org.freedesktop.UPower"send_inte rface="org.freedesktop.UPower.KbdBacklight"/>". This would cancel my keyboard lighting unless I wanted it. I have a Dell lapiron and the F10 key will turn it off and on. Without this entry the keyboard lighting keeps turning on.
    So like I said could I insert that file into system.d somehow without causing a problem?
    TIA

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: keyboard lightibg

Moved to MINT
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: keyboard lightibg

You might want to take a look at this webpage, https://askubuntu.com/questions/6444...oard-backlight

I just came into possession of a laptop with backlit keys. I like that feature. It allows me to find the correct keys in the dark. I always was a terrible touch typist.
    Cheers,

The Linux Command Line at http://linuxcommand.org/