Thread: Firefox apperance

Beans

Firefox apperance

Since Firefox 89 adopted the proton style many people seem to be unhappy about it especially re the active tab not being visible. I myself is ok and quite like the clean look (I use the ambience theme on unity so I don't have to do any special tweak,the active tab is white against a black background, if you use a dark theme then it has always been problematic even before proton and you have to choose something else other than system theme on FF)

But I found this the other day which can restore some of the old look if one inclines. I think someone may be interested so just want to report it here. See the screenshot (ubuntu 21.04)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by monkeybrain20122; July 12th, 2021 at 07:10 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Firefox apperance

It's just about impossible to see any detail in your screenshot image so I'm not sure what it is supposed to show us, but the problem of the proton GUI in firefox has already been spoken of at length in the thread at https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2463077 in which I show a link in post #16 for a custom userChrome.css file that give4s users a lot of options to change the GUI.

Beans

Re: Firefox apperance

The top bar with the active tab.