Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compiling Netplan.IO from source Make command exits with an error

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Compiling Netplan.IO from source Make command exits with an error

Quote Originally Posted by dhiaagr View Post
    Thank you so much for your elaborate answer on the ******* pastebin.
    Obviously, I need some time to educate myself on what I'm trying to achieve. Yours and Monkeybrain's answers pointed me to the right direction and made me want to do it even more.

I consider my issue as resolved :
    My question : What's up with this error ?
    The appropriate answer : You lack libraries and the decent knowledge to figure that on your own.

God bless and ttyl, I hope.
    Some header files are missing too. The uuid.h file I used was odd. UUIDs are used in many parts of storage management. I never would have considered a UUID being part of anything network related previously. The header files for the other libraries need more research. I showed the commands I would use to determine those things.

If you consider this thread solved, only you, the OP, can click on the "Thread Tools" button and mark it "SOLVED". We cannot. Moderators will not.

Beans

Re: Compiling Netplan.IO from source Make command exits with an error

Quote Originally Posted by dhiaagr View Post
    I suspect that there's some flag to set to ignore warnings, however, I would love some insight and redirection towards useful ressources to learn more about compiling.
    The other answers to this question were not really helpful.

I have seen this same issue - and the primary problem is likely the same as what I have seen. If you cloned the github repo for netplan - that would be the most recent version. If you are compiling on an older version of Ubuntu - the library interfaces may not match. In my case I am building on 18.04 - and the most recent versions of netplan do not compile without intervention on that release. Look at previous releases in github - for 18.04 I needed to go back to the 0.101 release - and that compiles without error on 18.04. If you are using a more recent version of Ubuntu - it is possible (likely even) that it uses a newer version of netplan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12