Thread: Zoom / magnifier tracking issue

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Zoom / magnifier tracking issue

Hi there.

I have a visual disability so I use the zoom / magnifier feature.

I've come back to stock Ubuntu 20.04 LTS after a few years on Mint (didn't like unity, sorry).

I held off for a while as I experienced zooming problems in previous versions and raised bugs about it. (missing parts of screen, ghost images, etc).

Since it seems more stable, I thought I would switch my main machine back to Ubuntu.

However I'm having a few tracking issues, and wanted to raise them.

Firstly, if on a dialogue screen, for example settings, and you moved the mouse away from the centre of the screen, it would snap back, it didn't seem to matter what tracking option I selected, it did the same.

Another is, when writing in a text box, say like this forum post, it will track to the top left of the screen for no good reason, meaning I have to find the mouse and pull it back again, it will not track back when hitting the keyboard, these are easy to reproduce and I've made short vids of this happening if that helps (let me know where to post them if it does help).

Be great if we can get this bugs squished as I'm overall happy with my move back 'home' as I call it, I started with 6.06 back in the day.

Thanks.

Leona.
    Kind Regards, Leona

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Zoom / magnifier tracking issue

I have filed a bug over on Lunchpad.
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1935083

I've also noticed I can't use the Magnifier and Shotcut together, I guess they are both fighting for the GPU, but I have a dedicated GPU, Nvidea GT1080.

Don't know what this is coded in, probably beyond my skill level, but willing to help sort this problem if possible.
    Kind Regards, Leona

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Zoom / magnifier tracking issue

Shame the only replies to this have been spam.
    All that security, SSO and Faff and there are still spam posts
    and I'm still stuck with accessibility tools that don't seem to work.
    Kind Regards, Leona