Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I removed VirtualBox but I forgot to remove VirtualBox extensions & guest additions

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: I removed VirtualBox but I forgot to remove VirtualBox extensions & guest additio

Before I answer that: What do "you mean" by "unsign the modules" And is there something that bothers you about what is left?
    Last edited by MAFoElffen; June 29th, 2021 at 09:04 PM.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: I removed VirtualBox but I forgot to remove VirtualBox extensions & guest additio

I just thought that since I signed the modules in order to use those, now I too have to unsign those in order no longer to keep those in use. However I have no idea and it's just a guess and nothing. If you can confirm there's no such processes then I will be sure everything is okay now or not. I am specially talking about the vbox.ko etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Btw do I need all the linux-modules, image versions or having one is sufficient? I have 5.8.0-53, 5.8.0-55 and 5.8.0-59

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerStrange View Post
    Btw do I need all the linux-modules, image versions or having one is sufficient? I have 5.8.0-53, 5.8.0-55 and 5.8.0-59
    If you run/ran the autoremove command posted before it would leave you with just 2 (of each of course)

The design is to leave you the current version and an older version as a backup in case issues are found,
    you can simply boot back into the older version as a failsafe.

Of course, there is nothing stopping you from clearing all but the current in use versions and only having 1 installed at a time.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

No I frequently use that autoremove command and still I have some packages of 53 version. Also is there any way to correct the system packages in case I have removed anything which I need actually.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Where does it show that?
    Earn Your Keep

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

In synaptic I checked

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Sorry for the late reply as I assumed you just used synaptic to remove them then.
    Earn Your Keep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12