Hi!
I've only been using Ubuntu for about a month but I have had plenty of time to have had my fill of trouble with Nvidia drivers. I have the good och classic Nvidia + internal Intel
I've already gone threw four different desktops and have had pretty much exactly the same issue with all of them.
About a week ago though I just realized that I don't play any games so why bother trying to get all three of my monitors to work after day 3 of an installation. So i uninstalled them and boy did Linux switched fast. In the beginning I regretted my decision. The drivers were a joke and it felt like I didn't even us any of the GPU's at all.
Today though. So butter smooth I can't even.
I don't think I have ever had an experience like this before in any program. I only have a 980ti and only run at 1080, but I use three screens.
I turned all the effects up to max. Blurred background, the whole sha-bang and it still feels amazing. So I thought I had to come here and write something positive about it since I have complained a bit before.
Any one else have this experience?
I haven't been able to try Wayland yet. I get instant black screen if I do.
I'm using Kubuntu now and think I'm going to stay with this one. I really do like all the customize options.