Thread: Error on Repository when upgrading, but the repo seems not to exist in configuration

Beans

Error on Repository when upgrading, but the repo seems not to exist in configuration

I am trying to upgrade to 21.04, but receive this error:
    W:Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default., W:See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details., W:GPG error: http://dk.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32, E:The repository 'http://dk.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates InRelease' is not signed., W:Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default., W:See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details., W:GPG error: http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu bionic InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32, E:The repository 'http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu bionic InRelease' is not signed.

I have done a "grep InRelease *" in the /etc/apt directory as well as the /etc/apt/sources.list.d dir, and it comes up empty:

➜ apt grep InRelease *
    grep: apt.conf.d: Is a directory
    grep: auth.conf.d: Is a directory
    grep: preferences.d: Is a directory
    grep: sources.list.d: Is a directory
    grep: trusted.gpg.d: Is a directory
    ➜ apt cd sources.list.d
    ➜ sources.list.d grep InRelease *
    ➜ sources.list.d

So I am a bit puzzled as to where this repo is configured? How do I get past this?

Running:
    ➜ sources.list.d lsb_release -a
    No LSB modules are available.
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu 20.10
    Release: 20.10
    Codename: groovy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Error on Repository when upgrading, but the repo seems not to exist in configurat

The InRelease files are located in /var/lib/apt/lists.
    These comes when you download the apt updates.

But as you're not even using bionic, I'd look through the sources.list(s) and disable or remove any references to it (bionic) in there/those.

Also, you might consider moving up to the latest release 21.04 since 20.10 is about to hit end of life soon.
    It only had 9 months of support from it's time of release in October 2020.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

Re: Error on Repository when upgrading, but the repo seems not to exist in configurat

Code:
    sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32
    will import the key for the repository

Beans

I tried that, and it times out. For good measure I tried it again, and it times out still. This is the output:

➜ apt sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32
    Warning: apt-key is deprecated. Manage keyring files in trusted.gpg.d instead (see apt-key(8)).
    Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.GF5BJRo2Hf/gpg.1.sh --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32
    gpg: keyserver receive failed: Connection timed out

Beans

Thx I just tried remming out all mentions of bionic, but still receive the same error on trying to upgrade. Will check to see if I left out some lines - maybe just rightly try to delete them insted of commenting them out.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by deadflowr View Post
    The InRelease files are located in /var/lib/apt/lists.
    These comes when you download the apt updates.

But as you're not even using bionic, I'd look through the sources.list(s) and disable or remove any references to it (bionic) in there/those.

Also, you might consider moving up to the latest release 21.04 since 20.10 is about to hit end of life soon.
    It only had 9 months of support from it's time of release in October 2020.
    Yeah! Now it seems to work I at least got past the previous error. I backed up all the sources files, and removed any mention of "bionic" from the files, and it seems to have done the trick - thanks!