Thread: History lost

Beans

History lost

I recently upgraded to Ubuntu One to improve the update process, and while I used the same email address, I changed my password to match a new installation. While I don't have a huge amount of posts on this forum they do date back a few years and one is current. Is there any way I can point those past posts back to this live account?

Regards
    Rob

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: History lost

Quote Originally Posted by Robk29 View Post
    While I don't have a huge amount of posts on this forum they do date back a few years and one is current. Is there any way I can point those past posts back to this live account?
    I am somewhat mystified as to what you are asking for. The account you are posting from was created on 18th September 2015, nearly six years ago, and you have made 12 posts in support forums in the past in addition to this one. Are you saying that you had a previous and different forum account?

Quote Originally Posted by Robk29 View Post
    I recently upgraded to Ubuntu One to improve the update process, and while I used the same email address, I changed my password to match a new installation.
    This mystifies me even more. What exactly do you mean by upgrading to Ubuntu One to improve the update process? If this is to do with a new installation of Ubuntu, it won't have anything to do with your forum account. As far as the forum is concerned Ubuntu One is simply used for log in purposes, whether from an Ubuntu system, or any other operating system.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Re: History lost

It just seemed like too much of a coincidence that after upgrading to Ubuntu One I could no longer see any of my old posts (I also changed by login credentials to match). In doing this I (wrongly) assumed I had somehow re-mapped away from my old posts. I can see them now and don't quite understand why I couldn't yesterday, sorry to bother you with this. What I meant by the update process is I understand that if you have an Ubuntu One account Livepatch will assist by not requiring a reboot in many cases after updates, this appears to be the case.