Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking help with ssh-server set up

Beans

Re: Seeking help with ssh-server set up

it appears that I was able to get the desktop to log into itself. That is progress. I will see if I can use what I have learned to get the ipad to connect. Thanks for your help so far.
    Nothing is really clear when you are obtuse.

Beans

I have 2 nearly identical ipads that I use to keep track of music scores, chord charts, set lists, and such. I now have one of them that links up perfectly with the linux desktop. The other one has been repeatedly denied access. There has to be a reason, but so far it has eluded me. Kind of makes me nostalgic for the days of lugging around a trunk full of notebooks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

We cannot help without seeing the actual commands and output from those commands.
    We cannot read your mind or magically know what is happening until you show us. Text would be best. Please don't be obtuse.

Beans

I followed your advice. Once I got the desktop to log into itself it was a matter of paying close attention to usernames and passwords on the ipads.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by paydaydaddy View Post
    I followed your advice. Once I got the desktop to log into itself it was a matter of paying close attention to usernames and passwords on the ipads.
    Well, computers actually do care about accurage usernames and correct passwords, so there isn't much anyone can do to help you there ... unless you setup ssh-keys. Then you'll be prompted to unlock the key once per login/boot, but never again. At least it works that way on Unix systems. No clue what apple does or does not allow. ssh-keys are both more convenience AND more secure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12