Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Close, minimise and Restore buttons

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Close, minimise and Restore buttons

Hello, I have some issues with the button colours regarding the close, minimise and restore for Firefox 89. I wonder where does the theme store these files ? What name does - close, minimise, restore buttons has in the theme folder ? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Close, minimise and Restore buttons

Is Firefox controlling those buttons in your case (is Customize Toolbar..., "Title Bar" un-checked)? If so you can use Browser Toolbox to find the answer yourself.
    Xubuntu 20.04/System76 hardware ♦ Pop!_OS/live ♦ Debian 10/Xubuntu 20.04/VirtualBox
    If your questions are resolved to your satisfaction, please use Thread Tools > "Mark this thread as solved..."

Beans
    Distro

@halogen2 Thanks for the response. The buttons are visible while using Yaru, Adwaita and other themes. I am using Plata. So I think it is the theme that decides the colour of the symbols.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Historically, window decorations are the responsibility of the WM, the Window Manager. The correct answer will be extremely dependent on the WM being used and whether the Gnome team got there fingers into the client-side code to force the WM to lose that control. I'm not seeing any difference in the decorations (title, buttons, borders, scrollbar) in Firefix or any other window on my system running fvwm as the ICCCM2 2.0 compliant window manager.

Beans
    Distro

I have this issue only with the FF light theme because the button symbols are close to white. If I move to another theme, everything is working. That is why I thought the symbol can be defined through the theme.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by meetdilip View Post
    I have this issue only with the FF light theme because the button symbols are close to white. If I move to another theme, everything is working. That is why I thought the symbol can be defined through the theme.
    Interesting. When I change FF to the "dark theme", nothing changes related to the window decoration. Perhaps I'm not understanding which buttons are difficult to see? My window borders are cornflower blue for the active window and gray for inactive windows. The buttons are in the upper left-hand and upper right-hand corners. Those are completely normal regardless of the theme. I only look at the built-in 4-5 themes.

BTW, thanks for asking this question - I've switched to the dark theme. Nice contrast. Here's the upper right-hand corner.

ff-corner.png
    Last edited by TheFu; June 10th, 2021 at 07:26 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Same problem on a plata/materai. based theme, but no others so far. I just added a Firefox theme. I see the problem when trying to use a dark gtk theme combined with a the light Firefox theme.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; June 10th, 2021 at 07:15 PM.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro

I hope we will be able to find some workaround.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

My work around was to install a theme from the extensions page. The before and after is in the screen shots.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro

You mean not using the Light theme ? I switched to dark and a colourful theme that came pre-built. Used Firefox Colours addon to create my own colour scheme. However, I like the default FF light theme a lot. I still do not see how to use Plata and the Light theme together. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast