Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Firefox Flatpak] Cannot import bookmarks from HTML file

Beans

[Firefox Flatpak] Cannot import bookmarks from HTML file

I'm running Xubuntu 20.04.

I've installed Firefox Flatpak from here and I cannot import bookmarks from my HTML file. When I click on "Import and Backup" then "Import Bookmarks from HTML...", nothing happens.

Beans

Re: [Firefox Flatpak] Cannot import bookmarks from HTML file

Maybe some kind of permission issue? Install flatseal from flatpak and adjust what firefox can access.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Never ran xubuntu, a while back when I explored different desktops xubuntu was left out. Wasn't an intentional thing but an oversite on my part. In ubuntu firefox can be installed from the software store, you have such a thing? That would get you on either snaps or deb and I think a better match for Ubuntu. I had one and only one flatpac installed (gimp), when I removed it and flatpac software I gained 1.2G of space! Snaps installed gimp using about 200M and deb used 80M. I can live with 200M, so using snaps for it.

Flatpaks are a bi product for Ubuntu

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    Maybe some kind of permission issue? Install flatseal from flatpak and adjust what firefox can access.

Didn't work, I scrolled down to "Filesystem", then I selected "All user files (filesystem=home)", same result, cannot import bookmarks from my HTML file, I even selected All system files (filesystem=host), same result.

Beans

When I click on "Import and Backup" then "Import Bookmarks from HTML...", nothing happens.
    By "nothing happens", are you implying that the window to browse to your bookmarks.html file doesn't open?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis N View Post
    By "nothing happens", are you implying that the window to browse to your bookmarks.html file doesn't open?
    Yes. Also, "Open File" and "Save Page As" doesn't work either, the window to open or save file doesn't open.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

My four installations of Xubuntu 20.04 included Firefox from the official Ubuntu repository. Did yours not get installed, or did you remove yours in order to install a flatpak version?
    Cheers,

The Linux Command Line at http://linuxcommand.org/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by him610 View Post
    My four installations of Xubuntu 20.04 included Firefox from the official Ubuntu repository. Did yours not get installed, or did you remove yours in order to install a flatpak version?
    I have two Firefoxes installed, the one from the official Ubuntu repository and flathub. I installed the flathub version so I can test newer versions of Firefox because flathub gets updated sooner, for example, the version from the official repository is at 88.0.1, while the flathub version is at 89.0.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

...so I can test newer versions of Firefox
    Well, if you are testing software, you can expect a few issues once in awhile. Did you report it using a discrepancy report to the developers, or whoever is tracking the DRs? It is the responsibility of the developers to fix it once it gets properly reported by the software tester. At least, that's the way it worked when I tested software in my previous life..
    Cheers,

The Linux Command Line at http://linuxcommand.org/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by him610 View Post
    Well, if you are testing software, you can expect a few issues once in awhile. Did you report it using a discrepancy report to the developers, or whoever is tracking the DRs? It is the responsibility of the developers to fix it once it gets properly reported by the software tester. At least, that's the way it worked when I tested software in my previous life..
    This isn't because of Firefox Flatpak, how do I know this, because I've tested another browser from flathub, LibreWolf, same experiences, unable to import bookmarks. So, it' something to do with permissions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast