Thread: Libreoffice impress right-ckeck menu disappears

Beans

Libreoffice impress right-ckeck menu disappears

I am using Kubuntu 20.04 and Libreoffice Impress. When I right-click on the top half of a presentation slide, the menu appears for an instant and then disappears again. Curiously, if I right-click in the bottom half of a slide, the menu appears and behaves normally. Has anyone else encountered this behavior and found a solution?

Beans

Re: Libreoffice impress right-ckeck menu disappears

I haven't quite figure out the full pattern yet, but on some slides the right-click menu immediately disappears on the whole slide, regardless of where the click happens. I would greatly appreciate help, as this is a serious problem for me being able to use libreoffice.

Beans

Here is the pattern for reproduction of the problem. If the position of the cursor causes the right-click menu to appear above the cursor, the menu remains and behaves normally. If the position of the cursor causes the menu to appear below the cursor, the menu flashes up then immediately disappears.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Can't reproduce this here on a standard Ubuntu system (21.04).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    Can't reproduce this here on a standard Ubuntu system (21.04).
    I should mentioned that I have found the problem with Libreoffice 6.4 and the latest stable release (7.1.3.2). Is it possible that plasma settings could produce the effect?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Hi Veramocor..
    I always seem to find small annoyances similar to that when I use the stock Libreoffice from the repos.
    For a while now I have installed it from debs from LOs official website:
    https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/
    At the moment I'm using the 7.0.6 version & don't see the behaviour that you describe.
    Just be aware that if you install it this way, you have to remove all traces of LO from your system first.
    I'm also using this on Kubuntu 20.04.