Thread: Lubuntu Account issues

Beans

Lubuntu Account issues

I'm using Lubuntu 14.04 and am having a few issues with accounts and login screen.

1. I've gone to the "User & Groups" utility. Created 2 new users (1 admin, 1 standard).
      Then deleted the old user account (who had this PC originally).
      But when I open the utility back up, the account is there again.
      I've tried removing the Group that has the same name. Same result.
    2. The login prompt still gives the option of the old user account I deleted.
      It also gives the option of Guest, which I want to disable.
    3. I want to change the login screen so that it prompts for BOTH username & password.
      Right now it has a dropdown that shows "Full Names" instead of "User Names".
      Then a field to input your password.
      I want 2 fields to manually type both in.

Thanks for any help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: Lubuntu Account issues

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS reached it's end of 5 years of standard support life in 2019-April (see https://fridge.ubuntu.com/2019/05/02...esm-available/).

Lubuntu 14.04 LTS being a flavor had only 3 years of support, thus reached it's EOL in 2017-April

I'd suggest moving to a supported release of Lubuntu (esp. if using amd64 or an architecture that is supported), otherwise a partially supported release like 18.04 (which still gets updates for some packages).

No GUI component of Lubuntu 14.04 gets ESM security updates, so if you continue using 14.04 ESM I'd suggest switching desktops.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Lubuntu Account issues

Please do not ask the community to attempt to help with a release that is so old and no longer supported.

Do a fresh installation of a supported version and, if you find you have issues, seek support then.

Closed.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.