Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ultra thin laptops

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: ultra thin laptops

I definitely agree with you. I make way too many mistakes on a soft keyboard to want to use one for everything. Without autocorrect, dare I say, I'd make too many ducking mistakes.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

i have to agree. i still get more keybounce from software keyboards. i think my fingers slide around too much, especially the ones i'm not pressing.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweeter

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Skaperen View Post
    i have to agree. i still get more keybounce from software keyboards. i think my fingers slide around too much, especially the ones i'm not pressing.
    I know this thread is all about "Ultra Thin Laptops," but it seems that many Desktop PC's now come with "Ultra Thin Keyboards."

All I can assume, is that these "Ultra Thin" ideas are for people who like trendy ideas over functionality. Just ask Apple.

In the immortal words of Fernando (Billy Crystal): "It's not how you feel, it's how you look, and you look marvelous!"
    Holy Cripes on Toast!
    Attention is the currency of internet forums. - ticopelp

Beans

So I was in the toilet the other day and mistaken my ultra thin laptop as TP. I have also lost an ultra small laptop the size of a grain of sand, it is probably still somewhere.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

So... if we've established that the keyboards aren't that great, and they're trying to be as thin as possible...

why not just get a tablet?
    Holy Cripes on Toast!

Beans
    Distro

that's probably what the corporate marketing gods want us to get. it looks so star treky. now i wonder if their stuff worked reliably. the R word.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweeter

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Skaperen View Post
    that's probably what the corporate marketing gods want us to get. it looks so star treky. now i wonder if their stuff worked reliably. the R word.
    I have also heard that people are more apt to "upgrade" to a newer Tablet, and less include to "upgrade" to a new Laptop or Desktop PC.

People want to add more HD or RAM, they can do that to a Laptop or Desktop... not so much to a Tablet.
    Holy Cripes on Toast!

Beans
    Distro

i can just imagine using a tablet with a pair of 4 TB USB hard drives hanging from its only 2 USB ports. NOT!

Beans

When you hear Gillette partnering up with Intel

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234