Thread: Is GStreamer available for Ubuntu 21.04, and if it is, then how to install it?

Beans

Is GStreamer available for Ubuntu 21.04, and if it is, then how to install it?

My first attempt looks like this:

Code:
    user@localhost:~$ sudo apt install gstreamer
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package gstreamer
    Because that didn't work, therefor I visited the GStreamer webpage for installing on Linux: https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/do...?gi-language=c
    In compliance with the instructions of the aforementioned webpage, my second attempt looks like this:

Code:
    user@localhost:~$ sudo apt-get install libgstreamer1.0-0 gstreamer1.0-plugins-base gstreamer1.0-plugins-good gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly gstreamer1.0-libav gstreamer1.0-doc gstreamer1.0-tools gstreamer1.0-x gstreamer1.0-alsa gstreamer1.0-gl gstreamer1.0-gtk3 gstreamer1.0-qt5 gstreamer1.0-pulseaudio
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    Reading state information... Done
    Package gstreamer1.0-doc is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

E: Package 'gstreamer1.0-doc' has no installation candidate
    What procedure enables the installation of GStreamer on Ubuntu 21.04?

Beans

Re: Is GStreamer available for Ubuntu 21.04, and if it is, then how to install it?

Ubuntu comes with the basic gstreamer packages installed by default. Installing these packages should take care of most gstreamer needs.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly gstreamer1.0-libav
    There are some other specialty gstreamer packages, and -dev packages if you need to build software using gstreamer. Synaptic is a useful tool to browse packages and read their descriptions.