Thread: Minecraft Dedicated server problem ?

Beans

Minecraft Dedicated server problem ?

Hi ! I am currently trying to host a minecraft server , ran in a docker container on ubuntu. The server does seem to run fine because I can access it locally, but no one else can connect.. My ports are forwarded on the router, I allowed the port through ufw and enabled ufw too.. But still cannot reach it ! Is there anything in ubuntu server 20.04.2 that could prevent this ?
    Last edited by wazabiqc; May 23rd, 2021 at 10:05 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Minecraft Dedicated server problem ?

More likely an isp problem. Do you have a static ip / business package with them? With a static ip you get ports unblocked. Just because they are open on your router doesn't mean the isp lets them through. Typically they don't want people hosting servers on home plans regardless of what the server is... At least in my area. Around here I can get a static ip for an additional 10 bucks a month. For that price I chose instead to run it on AWS. Don't play much anymore though so it's gone now.
    Last edited by Tadaen_Sylvermane; May 23rd, 2021 at 10:19 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Minecraft Dedicated server problem ?

if you can access it locally, but not from outside then the issue is really in one of the ports not being forwarded outside of LAN.

also make sure that server is not set to lan mode or something like that. forgot how it is called. in that case you can really only access it locally or through VPN. i only ever setup a local server for the kids.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla