Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A simple configuration tool?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: A simple configuration tool?

@TheFu
    One can ssh into a system then use the raspi-config tool to (re)configure the system which is why I thought some of the forum dwellers would be attracted to it.
    Cheers,

The Linux Command Line at http://linuxcommand.org/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: A simple configuration tool?

Quote Originally Posted by him610 View Post
    @TheFu
    One can ssh into a system then use the raspi-config tool to (re)configure the system which is why I thought some of the forum dwellers would be attracted to it.
    I'd be concerned about using a tool designed specifically for Raspberry Pi systems like raspi-config. Using it on an AMD64 Ubuntu could run into issues. My r-pi uses conman for connection management. That's very different from the netplan.yaml config file I use on all my Ubuntu servers.

Another concern is that if Canonical doesn't maintain it, then some of the capabilities will break, or worse, break a working system.

My concerns could be meaningless. More tools and tool options are always good for all of us.
    I've been looking for a great centralized LDAP management solution to replace what NIS/yp did in the 1990s. Appears Cockpit might be the tool I seek with a few plugins like cockpit-389-ds and 389-ds. Quite the personal problem, so perhaps others aren't so interested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12