Thread: Posting permission?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Posting permission?

I've been registered on Ubuntu Forums since 2009 and in the past I've started a few threads and have posted several replies to others. I haven't logged in for quite a while although I have kept an eye on the forums, just browsing as a spectator. Yesterday I saw a couple of queries posted that I thought I might help with so I've just logged in.
    In doing so I noticed that my email address is out of date, so I've changed my contact email address from the former Ymail address to a current Hotmail one. I made that change both in my Forum account and in Ubuntu One; I have validated the Hotmail address with Ubuntu One and I have received an email confirming that.
    However when I now log in to the Forums I find that although I can view the posted messages I can't reply to them or post any new threads. The message on screen says that I don't have permission to start threads or post replies, or even to view my posts from the past.
    Can you grant me permission to contribute, please? I don't expect I'll ever be able to post much, partly because my knowledge is limited and partly because of other commitments in my life. But I'd like to feel I could be a participant once again, and not just a spectator!
    Thanks and good wishes, John.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Posting permission?

You validated the new email address with Ubuntu One, but you haven't yet validated the new address with your forum account. Simply click on the link in the verification email that the forum software sent you. That will re-activate your forum account.

Please remember: Ubuntu One and ubuntuforums are different domains, administered separately. Ubuntu One is used as a SSO (single sign-on) for the forum and various other Ubuntu sites.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Posting permission?

Thanks very much! The verification email from Ubuntu One had arrived in my Inbox and I'd responded to that, but for some reason the email from Ubuntu Forums had gone into my spam folder and I'd missed it. All sorted now.
    Best wishes, John