Thread: New user account internet browser

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

New user account internet browser

Hello,

I set up a new user account for my son. I need him to be able to use internet with parental controls.

I installed Timekpr-next for that.

Did Timekpr-next delete the web browsers (Firefox and Chrome) from his account?

I went back to my account -admin-, they are there. But I logged in his account, opened Ubuntu Software and saw that both are "Installed" but nowhere to be seen in the app list.

How could I make the browsers visible in the 'standard user' account? Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: New user account internet browser

Did Timekpr-next delete the web browsers (Firefox and Chrome) from his account?
    As I understand things Timekpr-nExt does this

Timekpr-nExt enables you to limit computer usage for certain accounts based on the time of day, number of hours a day, week or month. You may also set time interval to force the account user to take break ... After the given time expires, the user is automatically logged out and cannot log back in until the restriction conditions are satisfied.
    This is a long read but I see nothing here to indicate that Timekpr-nExt offers the ability to block a user to applications. So, I conclude that something else must be going on.

https://mjasnik.gitlab.io/timekpr-next/

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: New user account internet browser

I restarted Ubuntu and the browsers appeared.
    And so changes I made on Timekpr applied.
    Something that seems a Hirsute thing because I don't remember having to restart Groovy, Focal or Eoan after changing settings.
    Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead!