Thread: slimbook: Max battery value does not work

Beans

slimbook: Max battery value does not work

I've set Max battery value to 77 % but it is charging to 100 %. Is this functionality limited to some hardware ?

Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: slimbook: Max battery value does not work

What did you use to set that value? Did you use some Ubuntu utility or a Windows utility? It seems that with some makes of laptop a Windows utility will change the values set by the manufacturer in the BIOS/UEFI settings utility and they remain fixed when Ubuntu is loaded. This does not happen with some other makes of laptop. The only information you have given us is the version of Ubuntu and the assumption that the machine is a laptop. That is very little information to work with. This link may help you. Unlike some other links it is fairly recent. I have no idea if it applies to your hardware. Make of it what you will.

https://superuser.com/questions/1630...tery-in-ubuntu

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Re: slimbook: Max battery value does not work

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    What did you use to set that value? Did you use some Ubuntu utility or a Windows utility? It seems that with some makes of laptop a Windows utility will change the values set by the manufacturer in the BIOS/UEFI settings utility and they remain fixed when Ubuntu is loaded. This does not happen with some other makes of laptop. The only information you have given us is the version of Ubuntu and the assumption that the machine is a laptop. That is very little information to work with. This link may help you. Unlike some other links it is fairly recent. I have no idea if it applies to your hardware. Make of it what you will.

https://superuser.com/questions/1630...tery-in-ubuntu

Regards
    Excuse me I mean ubuntu slimbookbattery application I use to set that value.

I've tried command from that link but it does not work. There is no
    Code:
    charge_control_end_threshold
    file in the path.