Thread: (SOLVED) Printer fails to print test page

Beans

(SOLVED) Printer fails to print test page

Printer is a Samsung M262x 282x Series. When trying to print a test page it gives an audible click, and later another click when if gives up waiting. Any Ideas, the printer worked before a new install. Thanks,
    Fred
    Last edited by fkrogh2; May 10th, 2021 at 06:26 PM.

Beans

Re: Printer fails to print test page

I know a tiny bit more. The back of the printer says "Model: Xpress M2625D. lsusb gives
    Bus 007 Device 004: ID 04e8:331e Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd M262x/M282x Xpress Series Laser Printer
    And if I print a self test page, it says "%%%% If you can read this, you are using the wrong driver for your printer."
    CUPS, is using
    Description: Samsung M262x 282x Series
    Driver: Samsung M262x 282x Foomatic/lj5gray (grayscale)
    Connection: usb://Samsung/M262x%20282x%20Series?serial=ZEM3BJCF9000EKB
    Defaults: job-sheets=none, none media=na_letter_8.5x11in sides=one-sided

Unfortunately I'm still unclear on how to proceed further. Thanks,
    Fred

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have a Samsung MFD as well. I've had better luck using the Samsung printer driver located on HP's support web site. HP bought Samsung's printer business. This might get you pointed in the right direction. I don't think the model matters; there's only one universal driver afaik.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-xpress-sl-m2870-laser-multifunction-printer-series/16462897

You do have to make the files executable if they aren't. I'm using this driver on Ubuntu 20.04. The only glitch I've found is that to scan I must first
    'wake' the machine up then launch the scanning software. It does work.
    Last edited by kurt18947; May 10th, 2021 at 01:33 AM.

Beans

Thanks for pointing me toward HP. I couldn't get anything useful off their web site (https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...model/16462837), but in cups, I selected HP as the manufacturer and after several tries HP 2563 Foomatic/p2563 (recommended) prints. But it does not print double sided. Tried the website again, selected something that looked like my printer and saved the tar file instead of trying to work with it in another way. Unpacked it, deleted my old printer, ran the install, selected a default for two sided printing (need to do this), and I have my printer back. Many thanks.