Thread: After installation of amdgpu-pro driver everything works except llvm-amdgpu-dev:i386

Beans

After installation of amdgpu-pro driver everything works except llvm-amdgpu-dev:i386

Recently i've installed ubuntu 20.04 and amdgpu-pro driver stack. After installation any time i run any installation of anything or update i see in log such error:

[qoute]
    Setting up llvm-amdgpu-dev:i386 (1:11.0-1247438) .../ update-alternatives: error: alternative path /opt/amdgpu/bin/llvm-config-11.0-64 doesn't exist/ dpkg: error processing package llvm-amdgpu-dev:i386 (--configure):/ installed llvm-amdgpu-dev:i386 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 2/ Errors were encountered while processing: llvm-amdgpu-dev:i386/ E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) [/qoute]

Everything works as good as it supposed to but this error shows up in installation log. How can i fix it? I tried apt-get install -f but didn't solve the problem, other solutions i found over internet related to that package most of the time are about issues with installation of whole amdgpu-pro driver, not just this package in particular.
    Last edited by spectatorx; May 6th, 2021 at 01:14 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Re: After installation of amdgpu-pro driver everything works except llvm-amdgpu-dev:i

Let's try creating what the setup process is expecting.

Code:
    sudo touch /opt/amdgpu/bin/llvm-config-11.0-64
    Then a couple of maintenance commands.
    Make a note of any error outputs that occur.

Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    sudo apt-get install -f
    If no further issues/errors then you can optionally remove the file

Code:
    sudo rm /opt/amdgpu/bin/llvm-config-11.0-64
    /path/to/Truth

Beans

Re: After installation of amdgpu-pro driver everything works except llvm-amdgpu-dev:i

Thank you! A gentle TOUCH fixed it.