Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is using Bluetooth bad for security ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Is using Bluetooth bad for security ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    …The squirrels ARE out to get me. They've enlisted a raccoon to aid in their plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorp123;14036929…Whoa, you got some scary raccoons there. Have they figured out your WiFi password already and how Google works? Don't let them!! They'll learn how to build guns and go full on [I
    "Rocket"[/I] from "Guardians of the Galaxy", and demand that you hand over the keys to your spaceship, at gunpoint. Having to explain to a rather irritated raccoon that those keys you have are not for a spaceship but rather for your car ... that's a discussion you rather don't want to have. ".... But I've seen it on your Internet thing, human!!! .... "
    How do you know it wasn't the raccoon who enlisted the squirrels? Hunh? Hunh?

In my experience, it's usually the raccoons who are the masterminds. They send the squirrels out as expendable scouts. Plausible deniability you see. You were lucky to glimpse the raccoon, They're usually more careful.

Then again, he could have wanted to be imaged. A false flag operation. Such cunning. Like scorp says, watch out for those car keys. Keep an eye on your cell phone and prosthetic leg too. They'll combine the parts to produce a quantum sub-singularity death ray, and they ain't interested in listening to anything that smacks of excuses.

Beans

A lot of manufactures just gave up, but essentially all devices without update will be (and stay) vulnerable. Personally I would consider not using BT if that's the case.

Edit: Provided that BT can even be disabled as feature, which is not always the case.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmith7 View Post
    A lot of manufactures just gave up, but essentially all devices without update will be (and stay) vulnerable. Personally I would consider not using BT if that's the case.

Edit: Provided that BT can even be disabled as feature, which is not always the case.
    BT can be disabled under Linux.

BT disabled.png
    (Click to enlarge)
    Lubuntu 20.04

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12