Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: printer driver install

Beans

Re: printer driver install

I went through my bash history to find the commands needed.
    echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...xUbuntu_20.04/ /' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/homezz.list
    curl -fsSL https://download.opensuse.org/reposi...04/Release.key | gpg --dearmor | sudo tee /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/home_pzz.gpg > /dev/null

After that, you can install sane-airscan, (I used synaaptic). Also note that if your connecting with usb cable you will need to install ipp-usb, also through synaptic. I hope this helps someone with printer and/or scanner issues.
    I'm a firm believer that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
    Lenovo ideapad320-15iap, 1.1G Intel processor with onboard graphics, x64, 1TB SSD, 8GB ram
    lubuntu 22.04.1, fully updated

brian_p is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coley9225 View Post
    I went through my bash history to find the commands needed.
    echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...xUbuntu_20.04/ /' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/homezz.list
    curl -fsSL https://download.opensuse.org/reposi...04/Release.key | gpg --dearmor | sudo tee /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/home_pzz.gpg > /dev/null

After that, you can install sane-airscan, (I used synaaptic). Also note that if your connecting with usb cable you will need to install ipp-usb, also through synaptic. I hope this helps someone with printer and/or scanner issues.
    Hello coley9225,

Glad you have tings sorted. You have given very good advice regarding ipp-usb and sane-airscan. To help other users it would be useful to have what you get for
    Code:
    scanimage -L
    and
    Code:
    airscan-discover
    In addition
    Code:
    avahi-browse -rt _ipp._tcp
    Code:
    avahi-browse -rt _usan._tcp
    would be useful too.
    Brian.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hello him610. I tried the cannon drivers, no dice. I tried sane, xsane, etc....again a no-go. I tried to install sane-airscan, and all I found said to add aa line to /etc/apt/sources.list. After updating synaptic, I suddenly had in excess of 1800 packages to update, which broke lubuntu. I restored from timeshift back up and tried again. Another fried system. I was about to start pulling my hair out and ask for help, but decided to do 1 more search.I googled "install sane-airscan", and found terminal commands to add the proper repository, downloaded and install airscan, and all is working well at this point. I apologize for not giving more details. The nightmare included adding public key through command line, and few other issues, but this pretty well sums up the whole thing. For any other noobs out there, keep fighting and ask the great people in the forums and you'll be able to fix most issues. The forums are our friends and always willing to help. I hope this sheds a little light on my troubles and helps someone else out.
    thanks for that explanation. i managed to get my scanner working using sane-airscan. many thanks Steve ...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gezzer2 View Post
    thanks for that explanation. i managed to get my scanner working using sane-airscan. many thanks Steve ...
    Hello Steve,

Please give the same information coley9225 was asked for.

TIA.
    Brian.

Beans

Hello brian, I ran the code you mentioned. I've never used code tags so if this doesn't work, I'll repost and just copy/paste the results.
    Code:
    charles@coleys-lubuntu:~$ scanimage -Ldevice `airscan:e0:Canon TS3300 series (USB)' is a eSCL Canon TS3300 series (USB) ip=127.0.0.1
    charles@coleys-lubuntu:~$ airscan-discover
    [devices]
      Canon TS3300 series (USB) = http://127.0.0.1:60000/eSCL/, eSCL
    charles@coleys-lubuntu:~$ avahi-browse -rt _ipp._tcp
    +     lo IPv4 Canon TS3300 series (USB)                     Internet Printer     local
    =     lo IPv4 Canon TS3300 series (USB)                     Internet Printer     local
       hostname = [coleys-lubuntu.local]
       address = [127.0.0.1]
       port = [60000]
       txt = ["air=none" "mopria-certified=2.0" "rp=ipp/print" "priority=50" "kind=document,photo,postcard" "PaperMax=isoC-A2" "URF=V1.4,CP1,PQ4-5,RS600,SRGB24,W8,OB9,OFU0,IS1" "UUID=00000000-0000-1000-8000-0018a2aecfb0" "Color=T" "Duplex=F" "note=" "qtotal=1" "usb_MDL=TS3300 series" "usb_MFG=Canon" "usb_CMD=BJRaster3,NCCe,IVEC,URF" "ty=Canon TS3300 series" "product=(Canon TS3300 series)" "pdl=application/octet-stream,image/jpeg,image/urf,image/pwg-raster" "txtvers=1" "adminurl=http://localhost:60000/index.html?page=PAGE_AAP" "Fax=F" "Scan=T"]
    charles@coleys-lubuntu:~$ avahi-browse -rt _usan._tcp
    charles@coleys-lubuntu:~$
    I feel good about finally learning linux to the point that I can help others the way I've gotten so much help. I hope the info I provided helps, and if you need any other info, please let me know.
    I'm a firm believer that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
    Lenovo ideapad320-15iap, 1.1G Intel processor with onboard graphics, x64, 1TB SSD, 8GB ram
    lubuntu 22.04.1, fully updated

Beans

I feel good about finally learning linux to the point that I can help others the way I've gotten so much help. I hope the info I provided helps, and if you need any other info, please let me know.
    Hello Charles,

Thanks for the info. Your problems are our problems. Your solutions are our solutions. You have chosen well with sane-airscan.
    Brian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12