Thread: Email Notifications

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Email Notifications

I have not received any (not even one) email notification of forum replys.

I went to FAQ>subscriptions>User CP and found it empty.

Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Email Notifications

Yes, there is. At the moment you have your Automatic Thread Subscription Mode set to "Do not subscribe". To change that, go to Settings (top right of any page) -> General Settings (left of screen) -> scroll down to Default Thread Subscription Mode. Choose an option in the drop-down list and don't forget to click on the save changes button at bottom of page. You will then be subscribed to any thread you post in. If you want to subscribe to threads you haven't posted in, or those you are too late to include in the automatic subscription, simply go to the thread tools at the top of the thread page, and choose subscribe to this thread.

Please be aware that email notification for thread subscriptions is not 100% reliable. Following claims from some members that they never got email notifications, forum staff did some tests and found that most notifications got through, but some failed. What I have found reliable is "Through my control panel only" for subscription mode. if you click on the settings link (top right) you will find a list of all subscribed threads that have received new posts since you last visited those threads. Being allergic to being spammed in my email inbox, I much prefer that, and have never in all the years I have been a member here been let down by it. You just have to remember to check occasionally, which is hardly a big ask.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Email Notifications

Thank you