Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 18.04

Beans

Ubuntu 18.04

Hi guys I'm still running 18.04 like to try 20.04 I love Ubuntu but not a fan of the new software center anyway changing it back to 18.04 or older thanks guys keep up the great work don't miss windows 10 at all hate I use Ubuntu 18.04 as my daily OS and does everything I need to do

Thanks

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 18.04

I don't know anything about changing the software center from one to another however just open the terminal and copy and paste this command.

Code:
    sudo apt install synaptic
    Press enter and then enter your password and press enter.

When finished restart your computer.

You can use Synaptic Package Manager to download whatever software you need to install or uninstall.

I don't even bother with the software center and install and remove any software using Synaptic Package Manager.
    Last edited by poorguy; April 29th, 2021 at 12:23 PM.
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans

Thanks guys for your quick response I forgot about synaptic I tried in Debian I liked it better

Beans

You're welcome.
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Ubuntu 18.04 still has two years of standard support left. If you are in no hurry to upgrade then don't do it. Not for two years, anyway.

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

I just upgraded and everything is great thanks running Linux distro's more 10 years I've learned a lot over the years and the one thing I did learn is that when you decide take the Linux plunge there are great support but I found google was s great learning tool like just google and read

Thanks guys

Beans

But I'd love too become a programmer but not sure where to start

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by gordie692 View Post
    But I'd love too become a programmer but not sure where to start
    I used to be asked this question all the time. My answer: https://blog.jdpfu.com/2011/10/19/ho...arn-to-program
    Be sure to read the comments from other professional programmers.

Beans

Thanks TheFu so upgraded to 20.04 so I don't have to worry about anything just enjoy the show many thanks to you guys love Ubuntu I my 4 hard drives working all set

Thanks again

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by gordie692 View Post
    Thanks TheFu so upgraded to 20.04 so I don't have to worry about anything just enjoy the show many thanks to you guys love Ubuntu I my 4 hard drives working all set
    20.04 still needs patching, at least weekly. Because it is newer than 18.04, there will be more patches applied.
    The good news is that you'll have more years before going through an OS upgrade again becomes necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast