Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the Ubuntu Community Representative!

Beans

Hello from the Ubuntu Community Representative!

Hello!

Some of you I've probably "met" before, but for those of you I haven't, I'm Monica Ayhens-Madon, the Ubuntu Community Representative and part of the rebooted Community Team, as well as an Ubuntu member and contributor to Ubuntu MATE. I know I might not be in this part of the community as much, but I'd like to start spending more time here, which seems like is something that's needed. I would love to answer any questions you all might have, listen to your concerns, and get to know your goals and help you achieve them. And though there will be more regular outreach starting soon, and I'll be starting community office hours in a few weeks, I just wanted to say hello and that I look forward to getting to know more of you, and being a helpful resource and point of contact.

Thanks for having me, and it's a pleasure to be here!

Cheers,

Monica

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Hello from the Ubuntu Community Representative!

Hey madhens

You do such good works. An established liaison will do greats deeds.

For our readers; keep in mind another avenue of contact: Questions for the community team
    https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/quest...ity-team/21982

hope shines the brighter
    THE current(cy) in Documentation:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages

Happy ubuntu'n !

Beans

Awww, thank you! And it's nice to have some familiar faces/nicks here. And I hope having an active Community Team presence here in the forum will only help you all accomplish what you want to get done!<br><br>And yes, for readers who are on Discourse, that's a good place to put questions. We will try to answer everything we can, and for questions that might be a bit beyond our technical abilities, we'll do our best to get those questions to people who can answer them!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Hello madhens , nice to meet you and see you active on the forum !
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Hello madhens

As you are an integral part of the rebooted Community Team, I hope that the management supplied you with sturdy and durable footwear.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hello and welcome to the forum madhens, it's good to see progress being made in the community and I sent you an email about discussing the Ubuntu Membership process a few minutes ago, I apologize for the slow reply to your email I have been very busy and was slow at getting a consensus on the best means of communicating with you where all Board Members would have the opportunity to be involved, we do believe it is best to have a community wide discussion on this topic.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    Hello! Nice to meet you too and it's good to be active AND to have this new role devoted to supporting the community. I'm pretty excited!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

madhens, Glad you are here! Welcome. I'm in ALE. Have we met? Perhaps at SELF or FOSSET? You are always invited to any ALE meeting. The Sunday meetings are mostly desktop users on Ubuntu/Mint. The other meetings are mostly other distros for the corporate types.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum madhens, it's good to see progress being made in the community and I sent you an email about discussing the Ubuntu Membership process a few minutes ago, I apologize for the slow reply to your email I have been very busy and was slow at getting a consensus on the best means of communicating with you where all Board Members would have the opportunity to be involved, we do believe it is best to have a community wide discussion on this topic.
    Hello! I've just pinned a post to the top of the Community Category asking for public discussion on Mark's proposal re: the membership process (https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/discu...lication/22123) - it's a closed post in order to direct comments to the proposal topic, and I hope this sparks a good, useful discussion! I've pinned it until May 8 but let me know if you'd like to extend it.

And anyone here who is interested in reading the proposal, if they haven't done so already, and leaving comments, please do!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    Hello there! It's good to be here and I absolutely love your avatar art!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast