Thread: Unmet dependancies for wine-stable and lutris drivers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Unmet dependancies for wine-stable and lutris drivers

No idea what's happening, every part of this i try to install has unmet dependancies...

When trying to install wine this happens:

I did all the steps from https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu.

When i get to the sudo apt install --install-recommends winehq-stable part i get this:

Code:
    veprovina@Veprovina:~$ sudo apt install --install-recommends winehq-stable
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     winehq-stable : Depends: wine-stable (= 6.0.0~focal-1)
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    I then try wine --version. Tells me this:

Code:
    veprovina@Veprovina:~$ wine --version
    it looks like wine32 is missing, you should install it.
    as root, please execute "apt-get install wine32"
    wine-5.0 (Ubuntu 5.0-3ubuntu1)
    I try sudo apt-get install wine32 and i get this:

Code:
    veprovina@Veprovina:~$ sudo apt-get install wine32
    Building dependency tree       

wine32:i386 : Depends: libc6:i386 (>= 2.28) but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: libwine:i386 (= 5.0-3ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
    Furthermore, when doing the steps from https://github.com/lutris/docs/blob/...lingDrivers.md to install drivers for luris:

Code:
    veprovina@Veprovina:~$ sudo apt install libgl1-mesa-dri:i386
    Building dependency tree       

libgl1-mesa-dri:i386 : Depends: libc6:i386 (>= 2.29) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libdrm-amdgpu1:i386 (>= 2.4.100) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libdrm-intel1:i386 (>= 2.4.38) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libdrm-nouveau2:i386 (>= 2.4.66) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libdrm-radeon1:i386 (>= 2.4.31) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libdrm2:i386 (>= 2.4.75) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libelf1:i386 (>= 0.142) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libexpat1:i386 (>= 2.0.1) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libgcc-s1:i386 (>= 7) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libglapi-mesa:i386 (= 21.0.3~kisak4~f) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libllvm12:i386 (>= 1:9~svn298832-1~) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libsensors5:i386 (>= 1:3.5.0) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libstdc++6:i386 (>= 5.2) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libvulkan1:i386 (>= 1.2.131.2) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libzstd1:i386 (>= 1.3.2) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: zlib1g:i386 (>= 1:1.1.4) but it is not going to be installed
    Code:
    veprovina@Veprovina:~$ sudo apt install mesa-vulkan-drivers mesa-vulkan-drivers:i386
    Building dependency tree       
    mesa-vulkan-drivers is already the newest version (21.0.3~kisak4~f).
    mesa-vulkan-drivers set to manually installed.

mesa-vulkan-drivers:i386 : Depends: libvulkan1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: libc6:i386 (>= 2.29) but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: libdrm-amdgpu1:i386 (>= 2.4.99) but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: libdrm2:i386 (>= 2.4.89) but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: libelf1:i386 (>= 0.142) but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: libexpat1:i386 (>= 2.0.1) but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: libgcc-s1:i386 (>= 7) but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: libllvm12:i386 (>= 1:9~svn298832-1~) but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: libstdc++6:i386 (>= 5.2) but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: libwayland-client0:i386 (>= 1.18.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: libxcb-dri3-0:i386 (>= 1.13) but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: libxcb-present0:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: libxcb-randr0:i386 (>= 1.13) but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: libxcb-sync1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: libxcb1:i386 (>= 1.9.2) but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: libxshmfence1:i386 but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: libzstd1:i386 (>= 1.3.2) but it is not going to be installed
                                Depends: zlib1g:i386 (>= 1:1.1.4) but it is not going to be installed
    The only thing i CAN do is add repositories... After that, nothing else works...

What do i do?

Here's the repositories:

Code:
    veprovina@Veprovina:~$ sudo apt-get update
    Hit:1 http://hr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal InRelease
    Hit:2 http://hr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates InRelease              
    Hit:3 http://hr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-backports InRelease            
    Hit:4 http://ppa.launchpad.net/kisak/kisak-mesa/ubuntu focal InRelease         
    Hit:5 https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu focal InRelease                 
    Hit:6 http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu focal InRelease           
    Hit:7 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security InRelease
    Using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
    Last edited by gordan-vrbanec-vepar; April 29th, 2021 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Thread issue solved

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Unmet dependancies for wine-stable and lutris drivers

Ok... So i reinstalled linux (was a fresh install anyway so no big deal), from another ISO.
    Then i changed the server to US.

And now it installed wine without problems. Apparently whoever is maintaining local repositories isn't doing a good job OR i had a corrupted install...

I'll test this for vulkan as well and if it works, mark as solved.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Unmet dependancies for wine-stable and lutris drivers

I was able to install lutris after all.

The issue seemed to be either the wrong download server for repositories (Local one didn't work, i had to switch to US), OR i had a corrupted install due to corrupted ISO file.
    So, whoever is searching the forums and has this issue, try switching to a US server for downloads in software and updates, or if that doesn't work, reinstall linux.

Marked as solved!