Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I go about selling my 20 year-old domain name?

Beans

Re: How do I go about selling my 20 year-old domain name?

erde.com points to a blank page offering to sell that domain. If you follow the link to the seller's page, you get this page with a minimum bid of US$2,500.

So it appears Erde does not even own the domain that matches its name. Don't know how interested they'd be in purchasing erdetrailers. com.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I suspect the OP doesn't actually own the domain anymore either. Looks to be owned by a different cyber squatter these days.
    The IP isn't returning any web traffic and the IP isn't responding to pings.

To me, appears this issue has been solved by lack of attention. If bills for these things don't get paid, they don't keep working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio Development Release

I still own it and have tried to contact Erde but it would seem they are not interested.
    I religiously pay the registration fees every time they come up for renewal.
    It is no use to me now, but it would be great to get at least some of the money I'm owed back.....

If not I may just use it for my Men's Shed that I support in my hometown, use it for the social calendar upcoming events etc.

Tony.
    Asus Z270i7 16gb rm 8tb GT1660 Haupp Quad tunr Kubuntu Jammy/Win 11 Be/FE mythtv 0.32Homerun dual netwk tunr 55¨ Smsng QN95B55" Lap Smsng NP R580 i5 nvidia linux Ultimate/Win 10

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Unique domain names aren't really worth much on the open market unless they are high visibility. Then they are worth whatever the trademark owner is willing to pay for them. Domain squatters know this and don't bother with obscure ones. Yours is rather obscure, and if the trademark owner isn't interested in even their own specifically unique domain, then they will be very unlikely to care what you do with yours.

I've registered my own domain for about US$12 per year and that's all it's really worth. If you run your own website, cloud server of blog server, it may prove useful, but do consider if you still want to be associated with that name after your bad experience when a fresh start costs no more than a fast food meal each year.

The following isn't technical advice, so take it with a large helping of salt, but from one old codger to another: as we age, we succumb to the dangerous tendency to get stuck in old but inappropriate ways. It's often better (and emotionally healthier) to cut the cords tying us down to the past and boldly embrace the future. In your case, consider leaving the old baggage behind. You may find that it lightens your load.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHook View Post
    Unique domain names aren't really worth much on the open market unless they are high visibility. Then they are worth whatever the trademark owner is willing to pay for them. Domain squatters know this and don't bother with obscure ones. Yours is rather obscure, and if the trademark owner isn't interested in even their own specifically unique domain, then they will be very unlikely to care what you do with yours.

I've registered my own domain for about US$12 per year and that's all it's really worth. If you run your own website, cloud server of blog server, it may prove useful, but do consider if you still want to be associated with that name after your bad experience when a fresh start costs no more than a fast food meal each year.

The following isn't technical advice, so take it with a large helping of salt, but from one old codger to another: as we age, we succumb to the dangerous tendency to get stuck in old but inappropriate ways. It's often better (and emotionally healthier) to cut the cords tying us down to the past and boldly embrace the future. In your case, consider leaving the old baggage behind. You may find that it lightens your load.
    Sage advice, as you say old baggage can weigh you down....
    Asus Z270i7 16gb rm 8tb GT1660 Haupp Quad tunr Kubuntu Jammy/Win 11 Be/FE mythtv 0.32Homerun dual netwk tunr 55¨ Smsng QN95B55" Lap Smsng NP R580 i5 nvidia linux Ultimate/Win 10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12