Thread: Sound is gone ( Ubuntu 20.04.2)

Beans

Exclamation Sound is gone ( Ubuntu 20.04.2)

I have been using my current ubuntu 20.04.2 installation for about 3 months now. I was doing my regular development work, suddenly everything on my sceen hanged, i was unable to move mouse pointer. So, i waited for 2 - 3 mins and restarted my laptop. From that restart, my sound is gone. I have tried 100's of ways online but no way, i can't get sound back either on headphones or bare speakers. Anybody with any lead on this? Do i have to re-install OS again? i am unable to find audio drivers and reinstall them too and my audio device is Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio (rev 21) . any help is appreciated. thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Sound is gone ( Ubuntu 20.04.2)

Welcome to the forum. Forum Feedback & Help is for questions about the forum itself, not for technical support. I've moved this to a support area for you.
    Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.