Thread: Free Qualitative Data Analysis Tool for Linux?

Beans

Free Qualitative Data Analysis Tool for Linux?

Any marketers out there who know of a qualitative data analysis tool that's free and Linux/Ubuntu compatible?

If there are none. What tool do you use?
    I wish my computer would do what I want it to do - not what I tell it to do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Free Qualitative Data Analysis Tool for Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by dbee View Post
    Any marketers out there who know of a qualitative data analysis tool that's free and Linux/Ubuntu compatible?
    Apache Hadoop maybe?

https://hadoop.apache.org/

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

It would help to know what you mean by qualitative data analysis tool. That sounds like marketing speak to me. Could be anything.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

A modification of Google Analytics? Just joking. They surely are the experts on analysing data. Whether you want them to or not.

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by The Cog View Post
    It would help to know what you mean by qualitative data analysis tool.
    it's done when you make in depth interview with person. so such a tool would mean you would upload a discussion with a person about games and the tools would say that this person would like your computer game. or something like that.

google analytics is doing quntitative analysis, but google is doing such in depth analysis of your data to find out what you like. or at least the can do it using AI. same goes for facebook. there is always that margin of error, but seems like they managed to connect people that think the earth is flat quite nicely, so the must be doing something right.

the "you might be interested in this" and the targeted adds are partially based on qualitative data analysis.

i also saw a similar data tool at one of our business partners where a repairmen left a comment about what was wrong and they could attribute from that comment to what the issue is overall. so you knew if there was something happening on particular component only from some rather basic comments. that data wen to production and R&D who could react & make a change before any market flair ups.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
    the "you might be interested in this" and the targeted adds are partially based on qualitative data analysis.
    That's exactly how and why one of my former employers used Apache Hadoop on an IBM-built computer cluster, running Red Hat Enterprise Linux. That former employer is a news + media + publishing company. They spent millions on expensive IBM hardware and support contracts to find out which of their various online activities (ads, campaigns, various portals, social media, etc.) were appealing to different parts of the population (gender, age group, income class, etc.) and what needs to be changed to optimise said online offering for the target audience they want to attract, or if there was a change in an offering they'd want to know how much each age group or income class liked or disliked it, and they'd analyse social media interactions and reader feedback.

They hired a special team of data analysts just to deal with the mountains of data this thing collected.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

@mastablasta, @scorp123
    I was totally unaware of such a thing, thanks for the education.