Thread: Are old forum posts deleted?

Beans

Question Are old forum posts deleted?

In Ubuntu Forums are old posts being deleted or archived? Because My Activity does not show all the posts whereas the post count has a different number being reflecting.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Are old forum posts deleted?

To the first question: mostly no. With the exception of posts from spammers, trolls, and a few other odds and ends, we do not delete posts. (In fact, we don't delete them either, but move them to special areas of the forum where only the poster and forum staff can view a particular post.)

There is an archive section for very old stuff, but that wouldn't affect your post count. As of this writing you have made 27 posts and have a bean count of 25. 25 of your posts were to technical support areas. 2 (including this one) were to non technical support areas, which do not count towards your bean (post) count.

"Bean" is a bit of whimsy that dates back to the founding of the forum - one of many references to coffee. A bean is what you get when you post in a support area.

I don't understand what you mean by "different number being reflecting" but hopefully I have answered your questions. If not, please feel free to clarify.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.