Thread: LUbuntu.net outdated / broken links

Beans

LUbuntu.net outdated / broken links

Hi,

Sorry for possibly bringing this up nth time, but I thought to install LUbuntu and Google directed me to Lubuntu.net which had outdated information (plus very confusing "Intel x86" and "AMD 64" versions especially since I was hoping to install it on VirtualBox) and broken download links.

Now I notice that Lubuntu.me is having working links and a much better user flow. Does someone know who hosts the outdated .net site? Maybe contact the guy and ask to direct to Lubuntu.me or update the site?

Joonas

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: LUbuntu.net outdated / broken links

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

What do you find confusing about ISO images for "Intelx86" and "AMD64"?

Intel X86 refers to a computer processor architecture that was developed by Intel and progressed from having instruction sets 8 bits long to 16 bits, 32 bit and finally 64 bits long.

As it was Intel that developed the first 32 bit CPU, then Linux that runs on 32 bit CPUs is called Intel i386. So, for a 32 bit CPU we need an i386 ISO image. On the other hand AMD produced the first 64 bit CPU and so the version of Linux that runs on any 64 bit CPU no matter who manufactures it is called AMD64. Provided of course that it is compatible with the Intel X86 architecture.

There are other CPU architectures around so X86 is used to distinguish between CPUs compatible with the Intel X86 architecture and other architectures such those designed by ARM.

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Thread moved to Ubuntu, Linux & OS Chat.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

GhX6GZMB is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans

lubuntu.me is the official site.
    lubuntu.net is a cybersquatter. Don't go there.