Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Samba read/write rate performance on Ubuntu 20.04 capped at around 11MB/s?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Is Samba read/write rate performance on Ubuntu 20.04 capped at around 11MB/s?

LUKS encryption is ~ 3% overhead, but it could be higher on systems without AES CPU extensions. That would explain why sftp is slow too. sftp is expected to be slower than samba or NFS since sftp has encryption and the others usually do not.

I'd suggest stepping back.
    This isn't a samba problem.
    It is a networking problem. The iperf3 tests proved that last week. Post#12 shows the type of iperf performance that should be seen. Looks like the network there is only seeing 10% of the bandwidth.

Things to check:
    • NIC drivers or driver setting issues
    • Firewalls
    • Bad routing
    • Other hardware failure
    • Try booting from older "Try Ubuntu" ISO files.

If possible, start with an overview of the system. inxi is a great tool at looking at hardware. So is lshw.
    inxi -Fz - provides an overview of the system and filters sensitive stuff.
    inxi -Nnxz - gets detailed networking information and filters sensitive stuff.

Adding more 'x' to any command provides more details. I've seen -Fxxxz used.
    'z' filters sensitive stuff.

When I look at the routing table provided above, there is a duplicate line. Could that be causing issues?

Beans

Re: Is Samba read/write rate performance on Ubuntu 20.04 capped at around 11MB/s?

In #14 I suggested that a bad ethernet cable could be the culprit, did you try another cable that is known to be good for gigabit?
    Have a ubuntastic day!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123