Thread: Parts of display glitching

Beans

Parts of display glitching

Parts of the screen are randomly glitching. Areas from one part of the screen moves to another part of the screen, shuffling or twisted. The problem occurred after installing the Spotify app via snap. However, after deleting it, problem remained. I've tested this problem in Windows and there this problem is not observed.
    It's an Asus x550vb laptop with Intel HD Graphics 4000 / Nvidia GeForce 740M. Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS

Code:
    $ uname -a
    Linux nadix-X550VB 5.11.0-051100-generic #202102142330 SMP Sun Feb 14 23:33:21 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Screenshot #1 Screenshot #2
    Screenshot #3 Screenshot #4
    Last edited by skidanovilya; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:12 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Parts of display glitching

Yours is the third post on this in the past week. I doubt it is related to Spotify. Probably also not related to your Nvidia. I thought mine was limited to the most recent kernel upgrade, but later an earlier kernel displayed the same display scrambling. I am having to write this from the Windows side and am about to wipe and reload the whole system to see if it helps.

Beans

I'm reinstalled ubuntu and it was ok. But, after i'm using snap​ to install some applications (not Spotify) problem returned. I thought it's problem not with Spotify, but with installing apps via snap

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I don't know what it is but I do know it's not related either with Spotify or snap.