Thread: printer

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

printer

my printer was working; it got a paper jam. i pulled the paper out. now it dont. HP deskjet 5150. its old. 2002-2004. got any ideals?
    i like this printer. one of the reasons it was discontinued is it dont use as much ink.
    Last edited by oneleded; April 16th, 2021 at 03:39 AM. Reason: spelling
    the only bad question is one that is not asked.
    the good Lord give me Major Dyslexia so that i might learn. if you dont understand what i write sometimes, that makes two of us.. i confuse myself..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: printer

No useful ideas I bet.

- ensure you have all the paper out... I've had mine (brother) refuse to operate as it turned out some torn paper was still inside it, even though I was convinced I'd got it all out.. (I flattened out the removed pieces & sure enough I didn't have a complete A4 piece)

- unplug the power & leave it off for some time (maybe an hour). I've had this work too, but it was probably so long ago it was on a dot-matrix printer.... the printer forgot all about it's being tied in knots and just printed when power was eventually restored (10 minutes maybe all that's needed)

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

i pulled another piece of paper out. plugged it back in and it worked. i dont think it was jammed though. thanks
    the good Lord give me Major Dyslexia so that i might learn. if you dont understand what i write sometimes, that makes two of us.. i confuse myself..

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

it does seem to work better if ya pull the paper out the back., to un-jam it....