Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem at the installation of Ubuntu 20.04 in my new laptop ASUS TUF GAMING FX506L

Beans

Re: Problem at the installation of Ubuntu 20.04 in my new laptop ASUS TUF GAMING FX5

I update: The system isn't hanged. if i hit Ctrl+Alt+F2..., opens a terminal session. I introduce user an password and I'm in. The first session remains freezed with the message above: [62.301988] ucsi_acpi usbc000:00PM init failed (-110)

if in the second instance i type: sudo apt-get install --reinstall ubuntu-desktop, then when i switch to the first instance, there it is grafic environnment askin for user. I identify and normal ubuntu desktop. BUT, if now restart the machine appears again: [62.301988] ucsi_acpi usbc000:00PM init failed (-110).

I've tried to use boot-repair-disk to repair grub and no, no, no. If you've got any idea to continue will be welcome. Thanks.

Beans

Re: Problem at the installation of Ubuntu 20.04 in my new laptop ASUS TUF GAMING FX5

SOLVED.

I was able to install latests propietary drivers from NVIDIA and the problem seems to be solved.

Thank you for your interest and help.

Beans

It is of interest to us which driver you got that worked. The one in the standard repositories is 460.56 as of a few days ago. Not sure what version the graphics-drivers PPA is offering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12