Thread: external HDD (fr dead laptop) w Mint 20.1 accessible in Ubu 20.10 desktop

Beans

Wink external HDD (fr dead laptop) w Mint 20.1 accessible in Ubu 20.10 desktop

my '05 dell inspiron appears to be more serious this time about wishing to leave this world, but the relatively new 160 G WD Black HDD is still kicking, complete with freshly upgraded Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa. I was rather fond of Ulyana, just sounds sexy, not sure yet about Ulyssa and may never know because I have set up a raspberry Pi 4 8G, for which there is no Mint support. RPi now supports, and I have installed Ubuntu 20.10 with the desktop. and i'm diggin' it so far. but i want to use my drive and the files thereon.
    I was considering going through the process of enabling USB boot on the Pi when I realized that it may not like Ulyssa so I thought I would querry the forums first instead of learning the hard way.
    and now that I type this, i realize the RPi forum might be a better place to post this...
    however, would anyone care to weigh in on the likelihood that the Pi will play nicely with Ulyssa? what are the odds i could set up the USB boot and she would fire up and run properly?
    or even better and simpler, better for this forum as well: how can I access the files on that ext4 format drive? I have the drive attached with and adapter and the Gorilla sees my files...
    and OMG there are the files i was wanting.
    Ha! you guys are great, you solved my thing before I could even ask you. Wow! (well, it seems i hadn't actually checked out the folder "home" with a folder inside "Me" and lo and behold all my precious stuffs.

Thank You beautiful people of the Ubu community!!! You're amazing!!
    i figured after all that typing this could be a nice story of thanks and appreciation with a happy ending and qualify as 1 of 10 required posts to become a real, legitimate Ubuntuforum Member...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: external HDD (fr dead laptop) w Mint 20.1 accessible in Ubu 20.10 desktop

"...the Pi will [not] play nicely with Ulyssa", because Pi needs a different, armf, architecture to boot from.

The "sexy" names are, apparently a french thing, and every time LM is mentioned, I am reminded of a little piece of history.

Anne-Marie, Beatrice, Claudine, Dominique, Gabrielle, Huguette, Isabelle were the "sexy names" given by Colonel Christian de Castries to military outposts in 1953 in Northen VietNam. What followed was the Battle of Dien Bien Phu.