Thread: Dell Vostro P88G with Ubuntu 20.04 - second external display stopped working

Beans

Dell Vostro P88G with Ubuntu 20.04 - second external display stopped working

Hi guys,
    Initially I had a working setup of two working external displays, one connected via HDMI and a second connected via usb-c connected to an adapter of usb-c to Display Port and finally connected to the second display using a Display Port cable.
    After a couple of weeks (and probably some Ubuntu system updates) I started to realize that the second display is only working when the HDMI was not connected with no apparent reason. Now I realized (after using only the first display for a while) that when I connect the second display it doesn't work at all even when connected all by it self. The screen says that there is "No DP signal from your device".
    I tried connecting the second display using a cable the converts from usb-c to HDMI directly with the same results "No HDMI signal from your device" (this cable is working on a different computer of the same module).

Who can help me solve this?
    Thank you!

Beans

Re: Dell Vostro P88G with Ubuntu 20.04 - second external display stopped working

The problem ended up being a faulty usb-c to display port adapter