Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Autocorrect not working in LibreOffice

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Autocorrect not working in LibreOffice

As promised here are the two screenshots (both the same size in pixels) of the LO Writer screen, one with command soffice, the second with the vclplugin, which I hope shows the big difference in font, icon and all other GUI sizes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    As promised here are the two screenshots (both the same size in pixels) of the LO Writer screen, one with command soffice, the second with the vclplugin, which I hope shows the big difference in font, icon and all other GUI sizes.
    Yes, I saw the same thing - I just attributed to the fact that I have my UI elements scaled up. In any case, it should be fixed soon. There's a PPA with the fixed GTK+3.0, and it works fine here. See

https://launchpad.net/~dtl131/+archi...tu/mediahacks2

for details.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    Yes, I saw the same thing - I just attributed to the fact that I have my UI elements scaled up. In any case, it should be fixed soon. There's a PPA with the fixed GTK+3.0, and it works fine here.
    Ah, I'm glad it worked for you. I hope things are looking better. Have you noticed any issues with other GTK apps in your system?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Pasque View Post
    Ah, I'm glad it worked for you. I hope things are looking better. Have you noticed any issues with other GTK apps in your system?
    I have not seen any problems with any other GTK (or other GUI library) applications in 21.04 so far, though truth to say, I do not use it very much; my daily OS is still 20.04 and like many users I run LTS versions only for my main OS, and the intermediate versions I run as VMs only using KVM/QEMU just to see how they are going.

Beans

I'll admit that I don't know a whole lot about code these days. (Computer science classes were many years and many, many, many, beers ago.) So I don't know a good way to test it. Hopefully, Sebastian Bacher will be able to cobble it all together. He's a rockstar.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Pasque View Post
    So far, so good - no 'unintended consequences' in other GTK stuff. I will let you know if anything crops up...

Beans
    Distro

Looks like help is on the way (from the bug report on launchpad):

Code:
    Sebastien Bacher (seb128) 16 hours ago
    Changed in gtk+3.0 (Ubuntu):
    importance: 	Low → High

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123