Thread: [Xubuntu / Lubuntu] Skippy-xd / Exposé

Beans

[Xubuntu / Lubuntu] Skippy-xd / Exposé

Skippy-xd is an X11 software that brings an 'exposé' mode to Xubuntu or Lubuntu (like mission control on MacOS, or gnome-shell).

It is no longer maintained and has not worked for a while on Ubuntu (and its variants).

MXlinux has remade a version that works.
    I got the 2 necessary .deb files from the MX directory: http://la.mxrepo.com/mx/testrepo/pool/test/s/skippy-xd/

I integrated a fix developed by B. Murphy, and added its xdotool dependency in the .deb, to fix the bug not displaying reduced windows.

I modified then regenerated one of the .deb, to change the name of one of the dependencies: libjpeg62 (ubuntu version) instead of libjpeg62-turbo (mx version). Otherwise the MXLinux version does not work on Ubuntu.

Tested and working on Ubuntu 21.04. Should work fine on Ubuntu 18.04 and higher. On Debian too, I suppose, but not tested.

Install skippy-xd :
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:batra3/ytool
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt install skippy-xd
    Il you don't want a PPA, you can manually install the .deb via that link : https://launchpad.net/~batra3/+archi...~focal_all.deb

To enable exposé mode, position the Expose.desktop launcher that comes with the .deb onto the desktop, into a dock, or onto a panel. Then click on it
    You can also run the skippy-xd-fix command by binding it to a key or key combination (see in settings > keyboard).
    skippy-xd (without the suffix '-fix') run the classical version of skippy-xd, without the fix.

To modify the config file skippy-xd.rc (wich manages the appearance) :
    mkdir ~/.config/skippy-xd/ && cp /etc/xdg/skippy-xd.rc ~/.config/skippy-xd/
    then modify the config file

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: [Xubuntu / Lubuntu] Skippy-xd / Exposé

Thread moved to Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat.
    Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.