Thread: i need find a new mail program

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: i need find a new mail program

Quote Originally Posted by deadflowr View Post
    The issue isn't version related.
    (That, of course, is a different issue)
    i've discovered that i've been using the same version before and after the Send button disappeared, so i agree it is not version related. still, this has shown me that for the next problem i have that is not version related, i won't be able to quickly conform that. so i went ahead and created a script to gather the installed package data.

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    t=$(exec /bin/date +%Y%m%d.%H%M%S)
    exec &>/home/root/logs/dpkg-list/$t.log
    cd /home/root/dpkg-list||exit 1
    l=$(/bin/ls -1|/usr/bin/tail -n1)
    /usr/bin/dpkg -l|/usr/bin/xz -9 1>$t.xz
    /usr/bin/cmp -s $t.xz $l && /bin/rm -f $t.xz
    cd /home/root/logs/dpkg-list||exit 1
    /bin/rm -f $(/bin/ls -1|/usr/bin/head -n-15)
    exit 0
    i run it at 5:05 every morning when i'm generally asleep.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweeter

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Open the composition window (write message). From the menu bar in that window:

View > toolbars >

then click on "Composition Toolbar" to add the one with the "send" button on it. The Composition toolbar will manifest directly below the menu toolbar at the top of the composition window. The "send" button will be grayed out until there is content added to the composition Windows.
    regards

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by rbmorse View Post
    Open the composition window (write message). From the menu bar in that window:

View > toolbars >

then click on "Composition Toolbar" to add the one with the "send" button on it. The Composition toolbar will manifest directly below the menu toolbar at the top of the composition window. The "send" button will be grayed out until there is content added to the composition Windows.
    that got the Send button back!! yay!!

how might it have gone away?
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweeter

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

My _guess_ is that something disabled/failed to enable the composition toolbar option for the composition window, but what that might have been in beyond my ken. I know of this only because I had the same issue a couple of years ago and a kind soul in another forum pointed out the solution.

Glad you got it back. Please marked the thread "solved" in the usual manner.
    regards

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by rbmorse View Post
    Please marked the thread "solved" in the usual manner.
    this thread is in The Cafe because it started as me looking to find another email program. there isn't a "solved" tool in this forum like there is in General Help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123