Thread: Unable to do anything after pressing the Super key

Beans

Unable to do anything after pressing the Super key

I'm not sure of the terminology, but when pressing the super key, the various workspace windows spread out in front of me and I can mouse over them and get the little X to close icon popup on each, etc, but I can't actually focus on any of the windows.

Pressing the windows key again doesn't do it, clicking on a window with the mouse doesn't do it, etc. It's stuck in the "spread" view and I am unable to exit out of it.

This persisted after 2 reinstalls. Is there a secret to exiting out of it, or is this a bug?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Unable to do anything after pressing the Super key

Testing your problem i was able to reproduce it just once, will retry..
    filed a bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1920121 if you have the same problem and an account on launchpad please subscribe.
    Last edited by corradoventu; March 19th, 2021 at 09:27 AM.

Beans

This happens 100% of the time for me. So if I accidentally press super, I can't use the system at all anymore aside from messing around in the spread out view. I noticed there is a bug tracked where open windows overlap over the finder search results. Maybe once they fix that, it will fix this issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Beans

I think similar thing happened in several cases when I pressed the super key and typed in the dash box too quickly, after which the window previews stayed there like for ever until I restarted the gnome-terminal..

In fact I noticed the dash box didn't apepar immediately as expected in those cases - not sure if that's the reason though.

I'm using fcitx instead of ibus IM.

The problem began to show since I upgraded to Ubunt 21.04 [dev version].

Quote Originally Posted by t9yz3w4ogbvn7w View Post
    I'm not sure of the terminology, but when pressing the super key, the various workspace windows spread out in front of me and I can mouse over them and get the little X to close icon popup on each, etc, but I can't actually focus on any of the windows.

Pressing the windows key again doesn't do it, clicking on a window with the mouse doesn't do it, etc. It's stuck in the "spread" view and I am unable to exit out of it.

This persisted after 2 reinstalls. Is there a secret to exiting out of it, or is this a bug?
    Last edited by funicorn; March 27th, 2021 at 06:55 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I am probably stating the obvious here, but I am having the same problem 100% in Wayland login but logging into X display server the problem is not there at all (not so far anyhow)
    There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count and those that can't.