Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Private Jet

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Private Jet

Anybody of you here in the community knows about private jet for hire or any government jet for important matters to use? connections to help purposes. Any contacts?
    corn ubuntuforums community.
    Open Source platform where the real world of human is here. Click here for Solve thread
    Rock n' Roll People.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Private Jet

There are lots of charter jet companies around the world who will provide a ride for a price. But that will be a fairly local question. The cargo will matter greatly too. You can setup a trip using an AN-225 or AN-124 if you like or a B757 or something smaller like a Folker or Cessna. The smaller the plane, the more localized the rental/crew will be, since getting a Cessna from Europe to South Africa doesn't make sense.

I googled "rent a jet" and found lots of charter companies.

Sometimes, if you have 7+ people flying, getting a charter flight is the same price as flying 1st class commercial. More people just makes more sense, because the flight doesn't leave until you say in either direction. If you are going multi-stop in the same day, it can be even more efficient, since you'll fly into smaller airports that are in-town.

At one company where I worked, we had 2 planes that did multiple daily trips between 2 specific locations for employees and contractors. It was determined this was cheaper than paying for the wasted time and mileage of vehicles. They flew out of an airport that was closer for almost everyone than the huge international, commercial, airport here. It was nice to show up 5 minutes before a flight, park for free inside the gate, show the company badge and get on the plane - saving at least 90 minutes each way vs road travel. It made commercial travel a hardship. Nobody patted me down for weapons or took my tiny keychain knife and water bottle away, like happens here on commercial flights. The negative, was no FFQ mileage, no hotel perks, but not being away from home overnight was very nice and their wasn't any reimbursement paperwork.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I've flown in a lot of government jets.

I've never landed in one, though.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Funny.
    Not many people get thrown out jets. Usually it is prop or turbo-prop planes.

And if you are ejecting, after the 3rd time, they should take your wings way - for having really bad luck.

BTW, my father flew B-58s, O-1s and another er ... 8-engine model, not made by Avro.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    Funny.
    Not many people get thrown out jets.
    C-5 Galaxy. I jumped out of a lot of them -- by choice. Never landed in one. The Air Force kept throwing our equipment out the back door and we'd have to jump out and find the biggest pieces.
    Last edited by QIII; March 15th, 2021 at 10:14 PM.

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    C-5 Galaxy. I jumped out of a lot of them -- by choice. Never landed in one. The Air Force kept throwing our equipment out the back door and we'd have to jump out and find the biggest pieces.
    I've been in a few of those, but never in the air. AF-brat.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I don't recall ever seeing a C5, but I heard one landed at Sheppard AFB while I was there and it took out some lights on the runway when it landed. I have been in a few C130's

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I've been in a lot of C-130s. I actually landed in those a couple of times. Scared me silly and I always said I'd rather jump out of them to be safe.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

C-5 Galaxy.
    My father worked on those at the Lockheed plant in Marietta GA back in the '60s.
    Cheers,

The Linux Command Line at http://linuxcommand.org/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Oooh! I forgot about the C-141. That one was actually the smoothest exit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast