Thread: decreasing volume sensitivity of bluetooth headset's microphone in Ubuntu 18.04?

Beans

decreasing volume sensitivity of bluetooth headset's microphone in Ubuntu 18.04?

Hello

I would like to know how I can decrease the sensitivity of the microphone of a bluetooth headset effectively in Ubuntu 18.04.

There is a volume setting for the headset's microphone and I can turn it up or down. Nonetheless, regardless of how high it is, as long as it is not zero, the headset's microphone sensitivity seems to be the same.

I would like to decrease the sensitivity of the microphone to prevent environment noise from getting recorded but so far it seems the microphone sensitivity is always the same, regardless of the position of the correspobnding volume slide bar.

That means, the volume setting is above zero but it is almost zero and the microphone seems to have the same sensitivity as if I had selected the maximum volume. This does not happen with the computer's internal microphone. That means, I can change the sensitivity of the computer internal microphone effectively by changing the position of the corresponding slide bar.

Does anyone know how could I decrease the sensitivity of the bluetooth headset's microphone effectively in Ubuntu 18.04 and prevent so environment noises from getting picked up?

I have run
    Code:
    pactl load-module module-loopback
    in case that matters.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by thosecars822; March 9th, 2021 at 03:31 PM.