Thread: "No wifi adapter found" after reboot - Dell E6520 with Intel Centrino Ultimate-N

Beans

"No wifi adapter found" after reboot - Dell E6520 with Intel Centrino Ultimate-N

I had performed various updates on my Ubuntu 18.04 system and needed to reboot. On rebooting, the wifi adapter seems to no longer be detected. In the past, the interface name was wlan0, now it seems to be "wwp0s29u1u6i6".

The result of the wireless-info script at http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/MxpmNMYCzG/ and attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: "No wifi adapter found" after reboot - Dell E6520 with Intel Centrino Ultimate-N

Uninstall the backports and reboot, the wwp0s29u1u6i6 device is cellular

Beans

Re: "No wifi adapter found" after reboot - Dell E6520 with Intel Centrino Ultimate-N

Can you clarify what you mean by "uninstall the backports"?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

You installed some backport package of some sort as it shows the compat module is loaded, post results from terminal for
    Code:
    dpkg -i | grep backport; dkms status

Beans

I found your feedback on another thread - "sudo apt remove backport-iwlwifi" and the reboot sorted it for me. Thanks so much!