Thread: Ubuntu 20.04 LTE automatically sleeping after every 10-15 seconds

Beans

Exclamation Ubuntu 20.04 LTE automatically sleeping after every 10-15 seconds

I was installing Ubuntu 20.04 while replacing windows and making partition for ubuntu so that i don't lose my data . since the ubuntu installation
    Process showed up i was facing this problem of getting a black screen after a few seconds and when i clicked the power button it came back. I Thought it might be a glitch or something as i am very new to linux so i just carried out the whole process and installed ubuntu.
    When i booted up it happened again and is happening over and over after every few seconds my screen is turning black and when i clicl power button i am going to the login page .
    Please help me as i have to learn java for my program and i cannot do it with my broken pc.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu 20.04 LTE automatically sleeping after every 10-15 seconds

Welcome.

First, a correction: It's LTS as in "Long Time Support".

Please post your hardware specifications.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu 20.04 LTE automatically sleeping after every 10-15 seconds

Hardware specifications are important - CPU; Amount of memory (RAM); Graphic card specification. This problem could be caused by trying to install a flavour of Ubuntu that needs a more powerful computer. How large is the partition for Ubuntu?

Ubuntu Minimum hardware specifications

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/In...emRequirements

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530